Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cap'n Jazz - Analphabetanthology



<Disc 1
1. Little League
2. Oh Messy Life
3. Puddle Splashers
4. Flashpoint: Catheter
5. In The Clear
6. Yes, I Am Talking To You
7. Basil's Kite
8. Bluegrassish
9. Planet Shhh
10. The Sands've Turned Purple
11. Precious
12. Que Suerte!
13. Take On Me
14. Tokyo
15. Ooh Do I Love You
16. Hey Ma, Do I Hafta Choke On These
17. Forget Who We Are
18. Olerud


Disc 2
1. We Are Scientists!
2. Sea Tea
3. Troubled By Insects
4. Rocky Rococo
5. In The Clear
6. Soria
7. No Use For a Piano Player When You Got a Player Piano
8. Scary Kids Scaring Kids
9. Bluegrass
10. Winter Wonderland
11. AOK
12. Geheim
13. Sergio Valente
14. Easy Driver
15. Theme To 90210
16. Ooh Do I Love You


hyperfileshare


password: punkslime


A must-have compilation from smaller releases by the brothers Kinsella and their incredible band of gypsies. Cap'n Jazz got together in Chicago in 1989 and became extremely influential in the mid-90's. According to Wikipedia, they were partially responsible for "shifting emo's stylistic characteristics from post-hardcore prog-punk to more accessible pop-punk leanings". I disagree (and vomit when I read that sentence), because I can't foist any responsibility for the pop-emo nightmare of today on a band of such style and skill. Nevertheless, their music certainly does blend emo and punk. In fact, I put this band right alongside Empire State Games as the only acts I've heard do so and remain unfuckwithable. Elm Tree Records

No comments:



















slime

ashtwo's (graf)
connor;'s (bullshit)
punch drunk (music)
slobodan's (music)
perfect monster has no end (words)